blob: 9c657cb00f3238cdacaeb1e94a49cadb05b25878 (plain
For general information about this module, check the README.txt file.
1. Unzip the files, and upload them as a subdirectory of the
sites/all/modules directory of your Drupal installation (or the
location you normally use for contributed modules).
2. Go to 'Administer > Modules', and enable the Porter Stemmer module.
3. Go to 'Administer > Configuration > Search and metadata > Search settings'
and click 'Re-index site'. You should do this step whenever you upgrade to a
new version of the Porter Stemmer module, so that the search index is
rebuilt with any changes to the stemming algorithm.
4. Ensure that cron has run at least once, to build the search
index. On larger sites, it may take several cron runs to complete the
search index. You can check progress on the Search settings page, and
you can run cron manually by visiting 'Administer > Reports > Status report',
and clicking on 'Run cron manually'.
5. This module will use the PECL "stem" library for PHP, if it is installed
on your server. If you have full administrative/root access to your server, and
are comfortable with Apache/PHP configuration and system administration, you
can install this library by following the instructions at:
Once the library is installed, you will need to add a line to your php.ini
file to enable the module:
If the PECL "stem" library is not available, the module uses a PHP
implementation of the stemming algorithm. The output is identical.
More information about the PECL "stem" library: